The main features of this construction process are the following :
- Division and specialization of the human labor force
- Flawless use of tools and other equipment, usually automated, in the production of standard, interchangeable parts and products
Since 2005, the demand for new commercial and residential buildings has been higher than other types of construction. Basically, prefabricated construction is always more economical compared to conventional multifamily residential, commercial, industrial or institutional constructions from anywhere in the world.
According to the load-bearing structure, the prefabricated construction can be classified in the following categories :
- Large panel systems
- Frame system
- Column systems with walls
- Mixed systems
List of prefabricated structural services :
- Precast concrete details
- Details of prefabricated wall panels
- Details of prefabricated concrete cladding panels
- Details of prefabricated concrete panels
- Drawings from the prefabricated store
- Prefabricated concrete stairs
- Prefabricated erection drawings
- Prefabricated concrete column detailing
- Details of prefabricated concrete beams
- Prefabricated concrete details
- Post voltage detailing
- Double tee detailing
- Load-free bearing and bearing
- Column cover and cornices
- Blank core plate detailing services
- Detail plate cover column cover
- Flat plate detailing services
Regarding the concept of prefabricated products, many states in the United States require that a prefabricated plant be certified by either the Architectural Precast Association (APA), the National Prefabricated Concrete Association or the Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) for a manufacturer of prefabricated to supply their product to a state and federal DOT-sponsored construction site.
There are several products that use precast / prestressed concrete, and most precast products can fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Agricultural products
- Arrangements for buildings and construction sites
- Retaining walls
- Products related to transport and traffic
- Utility structures
- Water and waste products
- Cemetery products
- Prestressed / structural products
- Prefabricated with double wall – Concrete sandwich panels
In addition, sloping construction also plays an important role in the prefabricated construction process. Of course, a question comes to mind that, so what is the difference between inclination and other types of construction?
The answer is that in traditional forms of wall construction, walls can be built with CMU blocks or brick blocks. The walls of a sloping building are created horizontally in large concrete slabs called panels. The panels are then raised or tilted upwards in position around the building slab. This means that the outer wall of the tilt structure is practically finished when tilted in position.
Sloping construction offers many advantages over steel buildings, whether it is residential, commercial, institutional or other types of industrial building construction. Generally speaking, a one- to two-story structure larger than 50,000 square feet with less than 50% wall opening space is an excellent example of sloping concrete construction.
Advantages of tilting construction :
• Saving construction costs: by using this construction method, raw material costs can be reduced and, of course, will reduce the overall construction cost. In the inclined construction method, the workers are usually smaller than the workers used in traditional constructions. In this way, the entrepreneur can reduce labor costs. Due to the economies of scale, the greater the traces of the building, the more these savings improve the total costs of the project.
• Rapid construction program: sloping construction offers more opportunities to “compress” the program and deliver the building very quickly. Building walls in sloping construction is a faster process than building walls using traditional construction techniques. Transactions can start working earlier in the process of a tilt project, which allows for greater overlap of project phases. Because the building is made of ready-mixed concrete from local sources, the chances of project delays are lower than the traditional construction method.
• Safety: Tilting concrete is a proven and safe construction method.
• Flexibility: tilting concrete buildings are not prefabricated. Each is custom designed for the needs and preferences of the client.
Also read Construction – The root of construction